Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm an Auntie and the red Quilt top is done!!

Well, it finally happened!! I am officially an Auntie in my own blood line. Up until now I am the only child in my family who has her own family until now. Today my sister, Pascale, and her husband Brian had their first and probably only child. He came into the world at 3:33pm Central Time. His name is Zecharias David Stuckman and he was 7# 14oz and 2O inches long. He was due July 14th and showed up today after mommy was induced this morning. Good news both mommy and baby are doing great! So I am a proud Auntie now. Everyone is so excited for them.  They will be great parents.

Today I also was bound and determined to finish my red and white quilt. The top is completely pieced and if it is sunny outside tomorrow I will lay it on the rich green grass outside and take a picture and try to post it on here. I have been trying to get that one done for a little while. I am so glad it is done so I can now move on and work with some other color scheme. I found the pattern in a magazine, they used a completely different color scheme, but I am glad I made it my way. That's the one of they joys of quilting!! You can adapt any pattern and color scheme to make it what you want it to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment