Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Saturday Morning!!

You know, I so love to quilt, but I get so distracted by other things in life it is hard to find the time sometimes. I also find being online is a time hog. I am guessing that we all feel that way. So this beautiful Saturday morning I am cleaning away, not as good as I would like to, but I'm working on it. I am constantly distracted by a project on my sewing table or just thinking about my next inspiration.

On Saturday mornings I like to watch the sewing/quilting shows on PBS and sometimes, they don't intrigue me so I just do my cleaning and peek in for very brief periods of time, however, they had Tula Pink on this morning and I was glued to the TV. I absolutely loved the designs she was showing, not to mention her fabric lines, and then she also had a booklet that could be ordered through Sewing With Nancy. Tula was a guest on there today showing a few of her designs, LOVED THEM!!! I may just have to cave in and get the booklet. I liked everything she shared. I also liked that several of them were improv, no fussy cutting or precison needed on some of them. I had never seen her before either and what a creative sort she presents herself as by the way she looks. I think she would be alot of fun to take a class with! :)

So my hopes today are to really make some sewing/quilting fun here, but I best get my tushie back to chores so I feel halfway decent with how my home is for myself and my family. Saturday mornings are my most cleaning time of the week, but I have a good start! Dishes are all done, floor swept, laundry in the wash...you get the picture!

One last thing, yesterday morning my husband called me at work and said Brrrr, "it's cold out there, the hot coffee is great that you made", and just so you know Melita and Aldi's German roast coffees are the smoothest, yummiest coffees. Well anyway, With the cold coming I always do a count down till spring, it makes winter go faster and gives me something to look forward to so my reply was "Only 4 months till spring! " He thought that was a great way to look at it. :) So, you may see me write or say "Only X months till spring" as the count down continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment