Saturday, November 17, 2012

November Bee Blocks and Opening Day of Deer Hunting!

This is the November block for the Fat Stash Bee

       This is the November block for Leslie for the Sew Blues Bee. Leslie is one of our mamas for this Bee. I was with her in the Orange You Glad Bee and we had so much fun. Such precious people in these two bees. The OYGB is now finished.

 This is the September Block (yes I was slacking here, but I am quickly catching up) for Lawton and Lotti, aka Charlotte. She is from Austrailia and requested a children's toy block, one that was an antiquey type toy, so I decided to make her an airplane. I could just see a little boy running through the house holding on to his airplane pretending to fly around the house. I think I saw that in "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart. One of my favorite Christmas Movies. I love the old movies!! Anyway, she wanted primary colors and I think she will be happy with this.

This is the Around the Bend and Across the Pond  Row by Row group I am in. This is Moni's quilt top. She made the lower four rows, and then sent it to me. I added the upper four rows and now my part is done and I will send it on to Nannette so she can continue to build this quilt top. I absolutely love it!! I never realized how much could be done with 1/2 square triangle blocks!! Love it!! I am going to try this someday. We add a row to someone elses row each month and when it comes back it has several rows added. I will have to show my row-by-row from the first round. I just love it!!

I have to say I have truely been enjoying sewing my Bee blocks this month!! Sometimes I make one and I think to myself, I am glad this person likes it, but I am truely enjoying each and every one!! I have four items made this month with I think just one more to go. I am also behind on one project, but plan on tackling that one very very soon!! I just have to make sure the template printed out correctly. Actually, I think our Piece Bee With You hive is on hold as several of us were having troubles just trying to print out the templates for the paper foundations we needed, but I did manage to get them to print on Thursday, it sounds like they may not be printed out the right size so I am waiting for confirmation before I proceed. Before that I couldn't get it to print. It is a Viewmaster wheel with fussy cut little pictures. I will show it to you when I am finished with it.

Matthias made it back from Ohio this morning. My husband headed out to go to work at 4:00am and my son pulled in the driveway. I was so thankful he made it home safe. He said the fog was so thick from Chicago until Black River Falls, WI, about an hour away from here toward Madison and that is what took him so long getting home. He was supposed to get up at 6:30am to go Deer Hunting this morning, but we let him sleep in, He went out at 9:30ish and I heard through the grapevine he got a deer!! Will see if he lets me take a picture!! Deer Hunting is always a big deal here and so are the Deer Hunting Widow Festivities while the men hunt, the women shop and attend open houses for food, wine, holiday affairs. Anyway, it is alot of fun!! Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment