Friday, May 24, 2019

Sheboygan Adventures

     I had a work related conference on Monday and Tuesday of this week. I live 9 miles from the Mississippi River and ended up driving, with my partner in crime and co-worker Lois, to Sheboygan, WI. Our conference center and hotel were right along the shore of Lake Michigan. It was a beautiful location with a lighthouse within walking distance. It was a beautiful walk as long as the flock of seagulls flying around weren't using your head as a target!



I have fond memories of being in middle school when I lived in Burlington, VT and swimming in Lake Champlain with friends on a hot summer day. Not sharing your french fries with the gnarly birds often resulted in you being the target of the seagulls as they flew over you. I can attest to being a victim at least once. Luckily I was heading for the water already when I got hit. Yes, fond memories, thankfully it never happened again.

I appreciated this conference, great speakers and presentation content. Lois and I got a few pictures in on the beautiful Monday. We even enjoyed a bonfire and smores with our coworkers. It was a conference to remember.

 This is our hotel behind us. It was called the Blue Harbor Resort. Very New Englandish. My room even had a wonderful fireplace I got to enjoy every evening while settling down for the night. Great room size and a boathouse where the kids could sleep in a boat or bunkbeds.

                                             Here's the Lake Michigan behind us.

 There's a tugboat behind us towing in what appears to be a dredging ship. So fun to see those little tooters working.


Well, back to the old grind. Have a relaxing and reflective Memorial Day weekend. Thank you to all military personnel for protecting this country and Veterans who have served. We honor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment