Saturday, May 4, 2019

Springtime and family

It has been such a long time since I sat down and actually wrote what's on my mind, let alone anything that isn't work related. Time to get back in touch with writing, which I enjoy doing so much.

Today was a day of getting caught up on household chores and enjoying being home and doing some sewing. I accomplished what I had wanted to do and was thankful I felt good enough to do these things. Beginning this week I think I was fighting a bug, lots of illness going around again in the community. I had such discomfort for so many days I wondered if this would be a new normal, but Thank God, the last 24 or so hours I am feeling like myself and the pain has greatly subsided and I was able to have a productive day.

Since I last wrote so much has happened. Matthias, now 28, is engaged to be married to his sweetie, now Fiance' Rachel on October 12th of this year. I am so glad he found someone to love who loves him back. He comes home to visit us almost every other weekend when he doesn't have to work and we enjoy and treasure the time we get to spend with him. They got engaged on June 14th, 2018 at the Stone Barn in Nelson, WI. I was honored to be present when he proposed. I am so happy for them!!!


On April 19th, 2018, my only daughter, Celia and her hubby Johnathan brought a most wonderful little man into our family and lives, Sampson Gabriel was born, just in time to share a birthday with our youngest son Eliah. We never expected that to happen. She went early with Esther and we thought she would do the same thing, and then she went overdue and by golly, what a day of celebration it now is in this family!! Two wonderful guys with the same birthdays, what more can we ask for!?! Here is Sampson with Poppop, he learned to say Poppop on Easter Sunday! It's so neat to hear him call Mike that. Mike is completely smitten with him, we all are!
 Here's Sampson with Celia (mama) doing an Easter Egg hunt on the farm!! He is such a hambone and quite a character, such a sweet, gentle disposition.
 And of course, here is Ms. Esther, my dolly!!! She is such a little lady! She has a wonderful strong will, expected for a first born, and I love spending time helping her grow, have new experiences, learn right from wrong and how to be a nice person to others. She is my little buddy and I love any time I can get to spend with her.



Blessings to you all as the earth in this Northern Hemisphere is experiencing Spring, new birth and the awakening of nature after a very long winter's rest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment