Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heatwave bust!

Well, we surely have endured a hot week, with record setting heat and humidity they say we have not encountered since 1995. The kids were so little and we only had a window unit air conditioner and we all 4, no Eliah back then, slept in the living room on sofas and on the floor trying to stay cool. What memories that elicits. The kids have no recollection, all they know is the central airconditioning that was purchased in 1996! Anyway, being so homebound allowed me to get into making the red and with quilt with touches of greys and pinks. If all goes well I WILL be done piecing it tonight!! I also machine quilted my first quilt! Pascale, my sister, is having a baby any day now and I did it!! It actually looks pretty good if I may say so myself, though I know I will be happy to see how I improve over time. Just glad my stitching is good and the pattern is consistent. Thank God for good effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment