Thursday, March 19, 2015

Self Realization and Confessions of A Fabric Addict

Alright, I have been so denying this, but I finally admit full fledged, that I have a fabric addiction!! I always tell myself I am going to sew my stash,  and that the last purchase is the final one, but, Oh, they keep coming out with such wonderful lines!! I keep telling myself, no more, I even have told my daughter to tell me "No More!", but she doesn't live with us anymore now that she is married, so she can only tell me when she is shopping with me, so today I was tempted again and ended up buying a fat quarter bundle of Elizabeth from Tula Pink. The nice thing is, I got it at an amazing deal from the Knotted Thread. I have been drooling over this line since I first saw it, the colors and patterns are so interesting to me. But anyway, I keep praying I can just say NO! :) Wish me luck!! Anyone else feel this way or willing to share your confessions to this problem? Is it even a problem?

Otherwise my daughter is growing her baby bump!! She is closer to her due date now then she is away from it and had an ultrasound. She says they don't want to know the sex, so it will be a surprise and her husband will have the honor of announcing what it is when baby Burg arrives the end of July.

I started a new job last week. I started working at the Hospital in my town and I am very pleased to say what a nice and dedicated staff I will be working with. I find the nursing part/patient care is easy, it's learning all of their systems related to charting, electronic medical records, med systems,etc is the hard part, but I truly am glad to be a part of this organization. I thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ for bringing me to a better place, just let my light shine Lord.

One final comment, I find one of the most precious things of early spring is hearing the Robins sing. Last night while making dinner, roasting pork chops and bratwurst on the grill I was tickled pink to hear a Robin singing ever so brightly in the Maple tree in our yard. A most beautiful sound...Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I had to admit to being a fabricaholic too! I have pieces I love and just can't seem to put my scissors to it! Congratulations on soon becoming a grandmother! Thanks for popping in to see me and hope you'll come back sometimes.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete