Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Good Start to The New Year.

Wow, our Green Bay Packers won against the Minnesota Vikings, on to San Francisco!! Go Pack Go!!! The whole housefull was a buzz with the game! Even Celia who tends to be luke warm to football was a true dedicated fan, she even told her boyfriend he better pay attention and he was across the state! LOL!

Well, I got some sewing done this weekend. In the Sunday Morning Quilts Group I made these strip blocks with a stash of red in them for Sandy(Tangled Threads). I just had to add some of my Sushi Fish fabric!! I just love these guys! I also made a bag for my sister for Christmas using the Red Sushi Fish fabric. I sent it to her in California. It was called a Market Bag and folded up so nice so when you go to the store it's all wrapped into a bundle and then it becomes a very nice sized bag. I will have to see if I have a picture of it somewhere to post. I would like to make more of these bags soon!


 Sunday Morning Quilts Block for January
Sunday Morning Quilts Bee January block #1  for Sandy

Sunday Morning Quilts Block #2 for Sandy

Okay, I just cant control myself sometimes so I also joined a group called "A Year of Lovely Finishes".  Honestly I have SEVERAL UFO's out there, may of them bee blocks or block swaps I have been in during the past 1 1/2 years and I need to get those babies put together! So I decided my first project, with hopes of having the top fully pieced by the end of this month, is to take these lovely Kitty blocks I received in the Piece Bee With You Bee and get a top together and hang it in my office to admire. My office walls are bare and I have been there a year now. First year anniversary was January 3rd!!



Still in the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee this is a "slab" that Nana(Sea Side Sewing) asked us to make 16+ by 27 inches in shape. It is pieced from scraps as directed in the book. This is a little bit bigger, it will allow her to do with it what she wishes. She wanted it in aquas, turqoises, blues and greens.

Off to go sew some more!!  Happy beginning to the new week! Gotta look for the good in all things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment