Friday, August 16, 2013

Dog Days and New Adventures.

Here I sit in the middle of the night, watching old an old rerun of Mission Impossible. It is amazing how young Leonard Nimo, aka Spock, looks. I am not sure if this is before his Star Trek days or not. 

Summer has been an unusual season, first very cold and wet, then it was terribly hot and humid, and now we are having a drought again. I drove past some cornfields and soybean fields visiting a friend of mine this evening and it doesn't look good! It is supposed to me at least a week before we get more rain, I don't think some of the drops will make it especially when we have the 90's coming back this coming week. 

Matthias got a new car this summer, he traded in my old Malibu for his own Chrysler 200. He does so much driving that it is a blessing for him to have a good car. He was packing up his car tonight. He leaves tomorrow morning to head back for his last semester of college in Ashland, Ohio. His arm is mending well. On July 1st he had an accident with some farm machinery that caused a crushing injury to his right arm severing 3 tendons, one to is right thumb and two in his wrist. He had a cast on until last week and then he started Occupational Hand Therapy for his hand. He will continue his therapy in Mashfield, Ohio at Med Central.  I was pleasantly amazed when he used his thumb to hold his fork at dinner Monday.. It was so nice to see him making progress. Matthias I am sure  can't wait to see his College sweetheart Rachel. I can't wait to meet her someday. Hoping he brings her home sometime this fall.  

Celia is now working at Walmart in Eau Claire. She currently is a cashier but will be transferring to the bakery and doing cake decorating. She is really looking forward to it and seems very happy there. The wonderful thing is her Opa works there too and they see each other on a regular basis. I think they are both happy about that. She continues to have John in her life. John is an amazing young man who is so precious and she states she understands how precious he is. They truely shine together and really enjoy each other's company. She will also be subletting an apartment in Eau Claire for the fall semester.  I hope she has grown up alot from last year. I believe she is ready and so am I for her to have this experience. 

Eliah, who had been hunting for a pick-up truck for a good 8 months finally found the object of his desire. He got himself a 2007 Dodge Ram Big Horn edition. It is black and he is so happy to have it. he still has his little sweetie, Lexi in his life. She is a sweetie too!! 

Work remains busy. I feel blessed to care for the people I get to interact with and care for. I just need to take time to take care of myself too, so I can do my best for all. Happy Dog Days of August! 

No comments:

Post a Comment