Monday, August 19, 2013

Yes, I have been sewing!!






I have truely enjoyed the month of August for sewing. July wasn't bad either!! Here are some of my bee blocks. 

We Bee Learning bee block#1 for Jeni -August

We Bee Learning Bee block #2 for Jeni - August

Simply Solids Blocks for August. Love how these turned out.


Bee Sew Modern Bee Block for August - This was amazing to make. Easy and very effective. Here is a link to the tutorial at Mollyflanders. You can adjust it to any size. We used an 8 inch foundation instead at 3 inch intervals. http://mollyflanders.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-make-that-block.html

 Coast to Coast Bee block for Pattiann. I love this Moda line she used for the blocks. I want to make one like this in a different fabric way probably. It was Christmas in August!! 

These are also a blast. They are for Elita in Switzerland. She has them already as well. She is from the Geneva area, but, did you know I was born and reared some in Uster, Switzerland, about 10-15 minutes with the train just outside of Zurich. I love visiting there!!



 These are Hot Air balloon blocks for Rebecca, she is one of my buddies on line and I just love her!! She is making a special quilt for someone's wedding with a hot air balloon theme. 

This is from Sunday Morning Quilts Bee, I love how she asked us to make 22 inch blocks to piece into a big top. The book says to use one large piece and quilt as you go, but I liked this idea better. 

This is a paper pieced gears block. It was challenging in some ways, but so much fun to make!! 

These are the Japanese x & + blocks. These are an absolutely great way to use up scraps. The tutorial is on my page,  http://pinterest.com/jacquemtraun/boards/ I think I have some pretty neat tutorials. 
Fat Stash Bee cross blocks went to Australia. I love how she used text fabrics. 

This is the mischief that I have been up to. I can't wait to show you my brother's wedding quilt!! I just got done finishing the blocks for his Scrappy Trip Around the World Quilt!!! I just need to put the rows together. I will post more later!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment