Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A few UFO's no more.......

I am sure I am not alone, but I have a container full of quilt tops and blocks from many wonderful bees and swaps I have been in and I am slowly trying get some of these projects completed. So, I have a few I have been able to get done the last few months.

These blocks are from an aqua and red plus block swap. Some of these blocks I made and others were made by swap buddies. I squared them all up and put them together. I just love the maple tree outside our home, great for hanging throw size quilts in!

 This quilt is absolutely one of my favorite quilts and patterns to make. It is so improvy and fun and I LOVE how freeing it is to make these blocks. This is my "Modern Mosaic" Quilt. I have enough blocks left to make another one just this size, but I think I'll add a few more blocks to make the next one bigger, just because.

This next quilt, is mine! I love coffee and I made this one to have a retro feel from the 70's. I pulled the colors also from the coffee fabrics. I can't wait to wash it and snuggle underneath it this fall!!


This quilt is one I made from a Jelly Roll. It's called the Jelly Roll Race. The fabric line is High Tea by Jera Brandvig for Lecien fabrics. It's a great way to have a coordinating, large throw quilt and it doesn't take forever to get it done. My mom doesn't know it, but I will be giving her this quilt in the next week as her birthday present. She is a Missionary to Thailand and Burma and always tells me I don't make her anything. She sneaks away on her trips always a day or two before her birthday. I have made her table runners and different bags, but it's time for a quilt she can cat nap under when she's hanging on her leather sofa. These fabrics are so my mother too, not to mention we are both crazy about tea of all kinds!

I hope to have a few more quilts to share in the next month or two, one's that are just waiting for their finishing steps.

I am also just getting ready to work on a quilt club challenge for my Wabasha quilt group. We all received the same exact fabrics and embellishments. We can add one fabric and have to use a little bit of everything. Here's the entourage of what we have to work with....
I promise to show the finished product. I do have one of 2 ideas for it. It is due by the beginning of October. I hope I am creative enough to accomplish what I have in mind.. Blessings till next time.

2 comments:

  1. nice quilts...........aren't the jelly roll race quilts so quick........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Word do I love reading about your Wabasha Quilt Group Challenge. It sounds like so much fun!

    Congratulations on all of your wonderful finishes. I love your improv one just about as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete